January

• CapitaLand, together with Malaysia’s Quill Group, listed Quill Capita Trust (QCT), Malaysia’s first new listing on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad for the year. QCT, which is CapitaLand’s first overseas real estate investment trust (REIT), posted a 17% premium over its retail offer price of RM0.84 on the close of its first day of trading.

• CapitaLand sold US$477.0 million (S$730.7 million) worth of bonds backed by receivables from RiverGate, a joint-venture residential development in Singapore.

• CapitaLand signed a Share Purchase Agreement with eSun Holdings Limited, one of Asia’s leading media and entertainment companies, for a 20% strategic interest in Macao Studio City. Macao Studio City will be one of Asia’s first integrated leisure resort properties combining studios, retail, entertainment and world-class hotels. This is CapitaLand’s first investment in Macau. On 10 January, CapitaLand held the groundbreaking of Macao Studio City in Cotai, Macau.

• CapitaLand China, together with China Charity Federation, initiated the “Building for Tomorrow” corporate social responsibility programme which is aimed at providing help to underprivileged children in China.

• CapitaLand’s China retail footprint more than doubled to over 70 malls with six new acquisitions and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) signed. CapitaRetail China Development Fund (CRCDF), a US$600.0 million (S$933.8 million) closed-end private fund sponsored by CapitaLand, has acquired a 65% interest in six retail malls in China. CapitaLand also injected into CRCDF its equity stake in 14 retail malls. In addition, CRCDF has signed MOUs with a few Chinese parties to acquire over 35 retail malls located across China.

• CapitaLand completed the compulsory acquisition of shares in Raffles Holdings Limited. Following this, Raffles Holdings has become an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaLand.

• The Ascott Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mitsubishi Estate Co Ltd to develop a 160-unit serviced residence, Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku. Ascott will take a 40% stake in the venture while MEC holds the remaining 60%. When completed, it will be Ascott’s first Citadines-branded serviced residence in Japan.
 
next >
 
 
 
Copyright © 2008. CapitaLand Limited. All rights reserved. Best viewed with 800 x 600. Requires Flash Player 6 and above for viewing.