CapitaLand has put in place a comprehensive ethics and code of business conduct policies which covers all employees including conduct and work discipline, protocol to observe in contact with external parties to guide the manner in which the company conducts its business, interact with stakeholders and contributes to the well being of employees and the community:
- Employees - To train employees to achieve their optimal performance by aligning their personal goals with the company's business objectives and creating a positive work environment for them.
- Investors - To constantly create sustainable shareholder value.
- Customers - To constantly deliver innovative and quality products and services.
- Business Partners - To be fair and reasonable in our action and dealings with business partners.
- Suppliers and Contractors - To be fair and reasonable in our actions and dealings with suppliers and contractors.
- Community - To contribute back to the community in the countries CapitaLand operates in.
The company has a corruption free culture. Strict standards and policies are put in place to ensure that the right business ethics and conduct are maintained throughout the CapitaLand group. The message of zero tolerance on bribery and corruption is reiterated in the talks by the President and CEO in the dialogue sessions, staff communication forums and also in the Sunday emails send to all staff, both locally and overseas.
As part of corporate governance, the Whistle Blowing Policy provides an official platform for employees to report business malpractice or impropriety. No report of incidence were received under the Whistle Blowing Policy thus far.
CapitaLand is named as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations at the Davos World Economic Forum for the second consecutive year. It is also listed in the Sustainability Yearbook 2013 by RobecoSAM, an investment specialist in Sustainability Investing. Both accolades were announced at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on 23 January 2013.
Here is a list of our policies:
Read about what being sustainable means to CapitaLand.