OneHub Chennai launched in Japan
Integrated Industrial Township Developed by Ascendas, Ireo and Japan Consortium Welcome its First Three Japanese Customers
- Tokyo, 18 November 2013 – Asia’s leading business space solutions provider, Ascendas, commenced the marketing of OneHub Chennai, an integrated industrial township located 50km south of Chennai in Tamil Nadu, India at an event held in the city.
- The township is a joint venture development between Ascendas, leading Indian real estate developer, Ireo and a Japan Consortium comprising program management contractor & investment partner, JGC Corporation, and top corporate finance provider, Mizuho Bank. Spanning 1,450 acres, OneHub Chennai will integrate industrial, business, commercial and residential facilities with lifestyle amenities and eco-friendly infrastructure to facilitate the growth of Japanese and international businesses in India.
- At the event, leading Japanese companies Ajinomoto, Hitachi Automotive Systems and Takasago International Corporation participated in a signing ceremony as the first customers of the industrial township. Ajinomoto will be setting up a new packaging facility and office in OneHub Chennai and also plans to develop new products there in the future. Hitachi Automotive Systems is building a state-of-the-art production facility for automotive components to complement its network of global manufacturing locations. Takasago is developing a new manufacturing and research and development (R&D) facility, which will become the headquarters for all of Takasago’s R&D, manufacturing and sales operations in India and South Asia countries.
- Speaking at the ceremony, Mr Manohar Khiatani, President & Group CEO of Ascendas, said: “On behalf of Ascendas, Ireo, JGC Corporation and Mizuho Bank, I would like to congratulate and welcome Ajinomoto, Hitachi Automotive Systems and Takasago International Corporate for becoming our first valued customers at OneHub Chennai. The fact that these leading Japanese companies have chosen OneHub Chennai is a strong endorsement of the value proposition that this location offers. We thank them for their support and confidence and are committed to serve them to the best of our abilities, leveraging on the collective strengths and experience of our organisations.”
- Strategically located within Chennai’s IT and industrial corridor, OneHub Chennai is next to prestigious institutions of higher learning, providing companies with easy access to a large pool of talents capable of developing firmware, software and conduct R&D activities. It is also well connected to the Chennai Airport, railway network and major sea ports. Ideal for automotive, electronics, food & beverage and consumer goods industries, the township will support a community of more than 140,000 people when fully completed.
For media queries, please contact
Ascendas, Ms Sarah Wong, Senior Manager, Group Communications, Ascendas Pte Ltd
DID: +65 65088649
Mobile: +65 97950859
Ascendas is Asia’s leading provider of business space solutions with more than 30 years of experience. Based in Singapore, Ascendas has built a strong regional presence and serves a global clientele of over 2,400 customers in 25 cities across 10 countries including Singapore, China, India, South Korea and Australia. Ascendas specialises in masterplanning, developing, managing and marketing IT parks, industrial & logistics parks, business parks, science parks, hi-tech facilities, office and retail spaces. Leveraging on its track record and experience, Ascendas has introduced new business space concepts such as integrated communities and solutions which seamlessly combine high-quality business, lifestyle, retail and hospitality spaces to create conducive human-centric work-live-play-learn environments. Its flagship projects include the Singapore Science Park and Changi City at Changi Business Park in Singapore, International Tech Park Bangalore in India and Ascendas-Xinsu in Suzhou Industrial Park, China. Ascendas provides end-to-end real estate solutions, assisting companies across the entire real estate process.
In November 2002, Ascendas launched Singapore’s first business space trust, Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT), and in August 2007, Ascendas India Trust (a-iTrust) was launched as the first listed Indian property trust. In July 2012, Ascendas listed Ascendas Hospitality Trust (A-HTRUST), which comprises a portfolio of quality hotels in Australia, China, Japan and Singapore. Besides managing listed real estate funds, Ascendas also manages a series of private funds with commercial and industrial assets across Asia.
About Ireo (www.ireoworld.com)
Ireo is a leading real estate developer in India, with approximately US$2 billion invested in a portfolio that comprises over 4,500 acres of land and several million square feet of development in progress across the Delhi National Capital Region (including Gurgaon) as well as the Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Goa regions. Ireo is focused on large scale development projects in India, and its portfolio encompasses residential, hospitality, retail, office and industrial properties. Ireo has a blue chip global investor base.
About Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of clients, focusing its efforts on serving major corporations, financial institutions, individuals, public sector entities and small and medium-sized enterprises. A relationship management approach to serving clients enables Mizuho Bank, Ltd., together with group companies including Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. and Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. to develop customized solutions in areas such as corporate, structured and project finance, investment banking, transaction banking and risk management. With offices in 32 countries, Mizuho Bank, Ltd. offers clients both localized service and the extensive reach of a global business network. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japanbased Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), one of the largest financial services companies in the world, with total assets of approximately $1.8 trillion as of March 31, 2013.
About JGC Corporation
JGC Corporation (JGC) is a leading Japanese engineering company with a track record of over 20,000 projects in more than 70 countries. While expanding its core businesses in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), JGC is strengthening its investment business such as power-generation and desalination, water, the environment, renewable energy, resource development and urban development.