Volunteering (Outing to Children's Biennale)
1. What is the Children's Biennale?
The Children’s Biennale is a series of exhibits that revolves around the theme ‘Embracing Wonder’ and features works by artists from Singapore and the region. It is a multi-sensorial art experience at the National Gallery that encourages children to ignite their sense of wonder and play.
2. What is the profile of the beneficiaries I'll be working with?
The children are students from Rainbow Centre, Margaret Drive and Yishun Park and range from 7-18 years old. Volunteers will be working with students with developmental disabilities or multiple disabilities, which may include a combination of intellectual, physical, visual and/or hearing impairments.
3. Do I need any background or experience when working with children?
This activity is suitable for first-timers and no prior experience is needed. Volunteers must be willing to commit to assist with the tasks assigned. A briefing will also be conducted for volunteers to give information about the activity as well as equip and educate them about working with students with special needs.
4. How many students will I be working with?
Volunteers will be assigned to look after a group of about 5-10 students. Other volunteers and teachers/caregivers will also be present in the group.
5. Will there be a route to follow, or are we allowed to tour the Gallery on our own?
Each group will follow a pre-assigned route, to ensure that all students have a chance to visit all the exhibits. We encourage volunteers to visit the Children’s Biennale ahead of the outing to familiarise themselves with the venue.
6. Do I need to pay to enter the Children's Biennale?
The Children’s Biennale is located in the public area, and it is free for the public to visit.
7. Will transport be provided?
Volunteers are to make their own way to the National Gallery on 8 and 11 November. For information and directions to the venue, please visit the National Gallery website.
8. How do I know if I have successfully signed up for this volunteering activity?
You will receive an email confirmation and information to attend the volunteering briefing.
For any other enquiries, please email email@example.com.