Jitesh Avlani, Country Head for Singapore at Cargill, CapitaGreen, shares what keeps him grounded and how the company is working towards a sustainable future.
“What gets me excited for work every day is the ability to challenge the status quo.”
1. Nourishing the world while preserving the environment is at the heart of what we do at Cargill. We focus on three areas where we can make an impact in the right direction: Trade, nutrition and farmers’ prosperity.
2. We treasure diversity and inclusion, and our Singapore office is a great example of this. We have employees of various ethnicities, nationalities, genders, educational backgrounds and experiences.
3. I believe we shouldn’t take racial harmony for granted. That is why I help the local Gujarati community promote our cultural practices, norms and rituals, while also giving our members exposure to the cultural practices of others.
4. As we celebrate Christmas, we want to do our part in giving and sharing with the less fortunate. Thus, we amplify our regular food distribution programme to more underprivileged communities across three countries.
5. Looking back on 2018, I find there is much to be thankful for. We’ve helped improve the lives of over 1.3 million people in rural communities across the Asia-Pacific, through farmer productivity and financial training, nutrition programmes and school-building exercises.
Subscribe now to receive updates on workplace community activities.