Oliver Hyde, new executive chef at Artemis Grill at CapitaGreen, shares what inspired the restaurant’s new menu and why it’s great being a chef in Singapore.
“My philosophy on cooking: Don’t overcomplicate and always use the best ingredients.”
1. The best thing about what I do is meeting our guests at the end of a night and seeing a smile on their faces, knowing they’ve had a great experience – from the food to the service and, of course, the stunning rooftop view from Artemis Grill.
2. When I first came to Singapore, there was no Michelin Guide here, and after years of “cooking for the guides”, it was refreshing cooking in a country where it was just about pleasing your guests. Though Michelin and many other awards have since arrived here, this sentiment has stuck with me, and it’s a great feeling seeing a restaurant full of happy guests.
3. What sets Artemis Grill apart from other Mediterranean inspired restaurants in Singapore is that we cater for all food tribes, offering gluten-free to paleo and Keto dishes.
4. Our new menu is focused on traditional flavour pairings with a little twist. I look quite heavily to the regions of the Levant, Italy and Southern France for ideas and inspirations, and this is seen in dishes such as our Chicken Breast Ratatouille with Chermoula and Black Olives.
5. If I had to eat only one dish for the rest of my life, it would be roasted monkfish, braised oxtail and mash.
Subscribe now to receive updates on workplace community activities.