ITPC – Taramani accredited with British Safety Council’s certification for global benchmark in COVID-19 control measures
International Tech Park Chennai, Taramani has been accredited with the British Safety Council’s Global benchmarking certification for COVID-19 control measures, along with CapitaLand’s 10 business parks, a retail mall and a coworking space in India.
The British Safety Council’s COVID-19 Assurance Assessment provides a framework for organisations to develop and implement robust and relevant protocols designed to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
The multi-layered procedures are designed to minimise contact amongst people and surfaces, building on CapitaLand’s existing safety and hygiene protocols.
Enhanced control measures
In compliance with the World Health Organization’s standards and the Government of India’s standard operating procedures, the enhanced control measures include:
- Thermal scanners for temperature screening at entry points
- Contactless lift activation with foot-operated pedal system
- Hands-free sanitiser dispensers at common areas
- Hands-free access with foot-operated doors for washrooms
- Hands-free faucets at washrooms
- App-based visitor management system
- Contactless security for business park entry
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) fogging and disinfection
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Air Handling Unit (UVGI-AHU) solutions for enhanced indoor air quality
- Dedicated deep cleaning team with increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting at all common spaces
- Dedicated bio-waste bins for disposing used masks and gloves related to COVID 19
- Social distancing markers at all lobbies, lifts and other common areas
- An isolated quarantine room at the Park in case of any COVID 19 suspects
- Availability of pulse, oxi-meter to check oxygen levels in case of an emergency
- Awareness communication in form of posters and standees at the Park
- Periodic awareness training amongst service providers
In addition to the above, CapitaLand is also exploring innovative digital and technological solutions to further strengthen the health and safety measures in its business parks.