We're uplifting your experience with Destination Control System (DCS) with Forward Calling* at Capital Tower to improve lift efficiency and enhance your user experience!
Unlike conventional lifts, DCS calculates the most efficient route to get to your destination, taking into account your desired destination and the number of waiting passengers. The system automatically assigns passengers to a lift, reducing travel time and the number of intervals, resulting in faster access to your office.
In addition, DCS offers a comfortable and seamless experience for users accessing the mid and high rise zones, with its forward call technology.
The system plans the entire journey from the time they access the turnstile, thus reducing waiting and travelling time.
*For mid rise and high rise zones
User Journey Guide and Schedule for Low, Mid & High Rise Zones
^Subject to changes
Frequently Asked Questions
1a. I’m a tenant working in the Low Rise Zone. What happens if I forget or miss my assigned lift?
Use the Destination Operating Panel (DOP) located in the main lobby and either rescan your face using the facial recognition system, scan the QR code or tap your card. Then, the system will assign a lift to take you to your desired floor.
1b. I’m a tenant working in the Mid/High Rise Zone. What happens if I forget or miss my assigned lift?
Use the Destination Operating Panel (DOP) located at L1/L2 and select L36/L37 without needing to scan or tap your card to call an assigned transfer lift. Once you arrive at L36 / L37, go to the DOP and either scan your face, the QR code or tap your card. Then, the system will assign a lift to take you to your desired floor.
2. What happens if I enter another assigned transfer lift that brings me to L36 / L37? Will I miss my assigned passenger lift?
If you enter the other transfer lift and it departs before your originally assigned one, you may arrive at L36/L37 earlier than expected and your assigned passenger lift may not be there yet. In this case, you will need to wait for the TV screen to display your assigned passenger lift before proceeding.
However, if you enter the other transfer lift and it departs after your originally assigned one, you will miss your assigned passenger lift and it will not be at L36/L37 when you arrive. In this situation, you can go to the DOP located at the passenger lift lobby, and scan your face, the QR code or tap your card again to select your desired floor and get a new assigned lift.
3. Do I need to tap my card at the DOP when I want to exit the building?
If you are working in the low rise zone, there is no need to tap your card when you want to exit the building. Simply select "L1 Lobby" on the terminal and a lift will be assigned to you.
If you are working in the mid/high rise zone, there is also no need to tap your card when you want to exit the building. Simply select L1 Lobby/L2 Lobby on the terminal to call a lift to take you to the transfer floor (L36/L37). The system will forward call a transfer lift for you when you arrive at L36/L37. Proceed to take the transfer lift down to L1/L2.
4. How can I access a non-default authorised floor at Capital Tower if I have multi-floor access?
If you are working in the low rise zone, you can go to the Destination Operating Panel located after the turnstile access at L1 to scan your face, the QR code or tap your card. Then, select the floor you wish to access, and a lift will be assigned to take you to that floor.
If you are working in the mid/high rise zone, you can do the same at the passenger lift lobbies located only at L36 or L37.
5. Is there facial recognition and card access capability at DOPs on every floor?
Facial Recognition capabilities are only available at the DOPs located in the main lobbies - L1 for tenants working in the low rise zone and L36 & L37 for tenants working in the mid and high rise zone.
However, you can use your access card at DOPs on every floor, which are marked out in the red boxes appended.
6. What should I do if I have entered a lift by mistake and/or without an assignment?
If you have entered a lift by mistake and/or without an assignment, the appropriate action to take depends on your access method.
If you have card access, you can simply tap your card at the terminals located at the lift lobby on every floor to select your desired floor. Once you do so, a lift will be assigned to take you to the floor you have chosen.
However, if you only have facial recognition access, you will need to return to one of our main lobbies to select your floor.
7. Why is the empty lift unable to serve my call while I am still waiting?
Each lift may have been assigned a different travel direction before you placed the call. Additionally, the lift management system considers the distance that you need to travel to reach the assigned lift, and it may assign a closer lift to ensure that you reach your destination within the opening time.
8. What should I do if the facial recognition or DOP does not work?
You may report to the concierge at Level 1 and seek assistance.
9. What should I do if the system cancels my lift call?
It is very rare for the calls to be cancelled.
Should this happen,
- For tenants with card access, simply tap your card at the terminals located at the lift lobby to select your desired floor and a lift will be assigned to you.
- For tenants with facial recognition access, return to one of our main lobbies to select your floor.
10. Could users try to make multiple calls simultaneously in order to trick the DOP into thinking there are more people on a floor, thus getting a lift as soon as possible?
No, this is not possible as the DOP only allows each user to be assigned once.
The system is designed to prevent any manipulation or abuse of the lift assignment process, so users should refrain from attempting to make multiple calls simultaneously.
11. How can I change my default floor to another authorised floor if I have multi-floor access, for example, if my desk location has changed permanently?
To change your default floor, please contact your office manager.
12. Will there be any change to the process of issuing QR codes to my visitors? (Only applicable to tenants that issue QR code to their visitors)
No, the process for issuing QR codes to visitors will remain the same, and the codes will still be issued via the CapitaStar@Work app.
However, tenants will need to input the default floor for their visitors so that their journey to the designated floor can be made seamless. This will ensure that the visitors are assigned to the correct lift and can reach the designated floor without any issues.
Need more info?
For any enquiries, please contact the Capital Tower Tenant Service Centre at 6531 6168 or email email@example.com.